Honey Child’s Hot Celery Pickle
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 12 garlic cloves smashed
- ¼ cups onion flakes
- 4 tablespoon black & yellow mustard seeds
- 3 mace
- 1/2 red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon cracked peppercorns
- 1 Kilo large celery stalks peeled and cut into pieces
- Bring the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and add garlic, mustard seed, peppercorns, chili flakes.
- Place the celery pieces in a glass or ceramic vessel and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Stir to combine spices.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Then refrigerate overnight before serving