Honey Child’s Hush Puppies
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 5 finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and onion; add to dry ingredients just until combined.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 365°.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil.
- Fry 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.