I am sure that it is no secret that I love wowing my guests. This sippable decadence was created for a Supper Club event. After the meal when everyone was joking about not eating a thing, I brought the pot filled with this elixir and a bowl of ginormous marshmallows. Miraculously, every drop was consumed and 5 of the guests left with the recipe. I made this a Hostess Weapon with the use of the slow cooker. You can get everything ready and have it holding for you. If you want it ready to serve, no problem. Just make it in a Dutch oven and serve by ladelling into greedy mugs or café au lait bowls.
Roasted Banana Hot Chocolate
- 2 cans of dulce de leche either scratch or 2 Top n Fill + ½ c goats milk
- 4 bananas
- 3 bars of 80% dark chocolate
- 1 bar 63% milk chocolate
- ½ cups spiced dark rum
- 2 litres Whole or coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean scraped and pod added to warming vessel
- Large pinch of sea salt
- Roast bananas in their skins at 180 for 20 minutes.
- They will be black, smooshy, and fragrant when ready.
- Finely chop chocolate
- Whisk together dulce de leche, bananas, and 2 cups of milk over med heat
- When gently simmering add chopped chocolate.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add rum, vanilla beans, and salt.
- Add to your slow cooker on low.
- Add rest of milk and vanilla pod
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg
- A marshmallow
- Or put frozen caramels in the bottom, fill mugs and add a thick pretzel rod
- Add ½ shot of rum for a sexy nightcap