Lush Coconut Pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 13.5-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Garnish: toasted flaked coconut
- How to:
- Step 1
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; whisk in milk and next 2 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Step 2
- Whisk in butter and vanilla bean paste. Spoon pudding into serving dishes; cover and chill 4 hours. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream.