Pantry Perfect VEGAN Chili
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Optional: dash cayenne pepper
- Optional: dash red pepper flakes
- How to
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium or large soup pot, sauté the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onions are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- Next, add in the 1 can of undrained tomatoes, 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, and the 2 tablespoons of chili powder and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add beans. Stir occasionally and cook for at least 30 minutes.
- For a spicier chili, add extra cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes, if you’d like.