- 15 cucumbers peeled and seeded
- 5 tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 10 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 8 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 5 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Seed cucumbers and cut on the diagonal into thin slices. Toss the cucumber pieces with kosher salt, transfer to a colander, and let drain for 1 hour.
- Toast white sesame seeds in a dry skillet until they’re golden brown. Whisk together rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Rinse the cucumber slices thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the cucumbers with the dressing and toasted sesame seeds and serve.