Quick Cherry Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups of pitted cherries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 heaping tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint your favorite plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Your favorite muesli or granola
- Chopped pistachios for topping
- Heat saucepan on medium, add cherries and water.
- Stir and mash some cherries. Simmer until concoction resembles a compote consistency.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve it in a bowl to cool completely.
- Stir lemon zest and almond extract into yogurt.
- To serve, layer a fancy glass with some yogurt, granola and top it with cherry balsamic compote with a sprinkling of chopped pistachios.