BIG BATCH Creole Bread Pudding to serve 50 people
To serve 50 people
- 6 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 10 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 28 leftover buns torn into 1-inch thick
- 3 cups pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, blend the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk in the eggs, milk, cream and vanilla
- Tear the bread into big, bite-sized pieces and place in a lightly buttered 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Pour the custard mixture over the bread and allow to soak until soft, about 1 hour.
- Top with nuts. Bake uncovered 1 1/2 hours