Marinara Dipping Sauce for Italian American snacks
- 1 400 g can of San Marzano or Vine ripened Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 medium Onion minced
- 2 cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- Chilli Flakes
- Heat up a little oil in a pan, and fry your onions over medium heat until they just begin to brown. (about 4-7 minutes)
- Add your garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add your seasonings and fry 1 minute.
- Pour in your tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for a good 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.